OKAY OKAY I'll update my blog because I know OH SO MANY people are reading it.
The whole San Diego road trip idea started when this Aussie guy I met at a bar in Vietnam messaged me earlier in the semester, asking me what to do in LA because he had 7 days in Cali before he went to this job training thing in NC. I was just sending him some tips, places to go, etc., when I was inspired by my friend Alex's recent road trip to the west coast national parks. So I called up a few of my friends in San Diego from SAS and we devised a road trip plan to the Grand Canyon. It started out with a ton of people, between 7-10 at least. And then.. I don't know what happened. People flaked out and it ended up just being Jackie, Mark (the Aussie), Ryan from the lake, and myself.
Mark got to Jackie's on the 21st, and Ryan and I caught a flight to SD on may 22nd. We got there around midnight, and would have gone out if the ID laws weren't to strict in PB (Pacific Beach). It sucks that my birthday is so late in the summer, and I honestly felt like such a burden because Jackie and Ryan are 21 and Mark is 25. I told them they didn't need to stay back because of me, but they were all so cool about not going out. What good friends. That, or they were just being polite and were really thinking "Fucking underagers". Yea... that's really probably what was going through their minds.
Camilla was supposed to drive down that night so we could all leave together the next morning, but had runny diarrhea. Just kidding, she was tired and couldn't drive down so she said she'd come in the morning. So the next morning came and no Camilla... which is really unfortunate because I had flown all the way out there to see one of my best friends, and I probably won't have enough money to do that again for awhile. Whatever, I'm not going to dwell on it, but it really hurt and I'm just bitter.
So the four of us decided to drive to Vegas first, and do a big circle around the GC. I swear, it's something about me that just attracts rain. Everywhere I go it's gotta frickin' rain. It was raining the whole week in NY before we left, and when we got to SD there was a huge storm system moving through... which is odd because it never rains out there. So the drive to Vegas was pretty rough. Some of the storms were insane - the clouds got really dark as if Satan was literally going to pop his head out of them to say "Wassup!", and the lightening storms were rather spectacular.
....i'll write more later
No comments:
Post a Comment