Today, as I laid under the mango tree next to the school doing my favorite activity – having the Mamas or kids comb through my hair for lice – I couldn’t help but notice that the bundles of mangos hanging above us resembled the testicles of a monkey I once had the displeasure off viewing at the Museum of Science in Boston.
It got me thinking about Boston, and I was suddenly reminded of a particularly pleasant afternoon back in Boston with Ru, lying in the grass of an MIT courtyardlooking up at the clouds and an odd industrial statue, listening to cars, planes, and parents pushing strollers. It was a little chilly that afternoon, but we weren’t in a rush. After an hour, we went to Grendel’s to get beers and food. That was a nice afternoon. It’s funny that lying under the mango tree made me think of that day.
No comments:
Post a Comment